At Team Ovation, great food is one of our favorite traditions!
A few things we are passionate about at Ovation: professional skills, acting technique and FOOD! We’ve been having such a good time with Restaurant Week that we wanted you to be able to share in some of our favorite meals.
Here are some of Team Ovation’s Top Restaurant choices from across the country. Napkins on your laps, people- let’s go!
1) 80 Thoreau, Concord MA: Brings to mind words like “warm”, “inviting”, “fresh”, “delicious” and “welcoming”. As Ovation President Kerri Garbis says, “Any place that remembers what wine I drink is a friend for life”.
2) Watawa, Astoria NY: “Queens seems like the least likely place to find amazing sushi, but it is the best I have ever had. Sashimi and rolls are never less than buttery, full of flavor, and incredibly fresh, the starters are great (Mmmm, gyoza!) and the décor is (dare I say it?) incredibly zen."
3) L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Las Vegas NV : “I'm going with L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in Las Vegas, of course. Less expensive (although still expensive) than its neighboring 3 Michelin starred eponymous restaurant, it's some of the best food I've had anywhere. Celebrity chef Joel Robuchon creates a memorable dining experience that is exquisitely executed in front of you in the open kitchen. Whether you choose tapas style or the tasting menu, the food is French cuisine at its best, without any pretension. Ok, maybe just enough pretension. After all, one Michelin star does give you a little license.”
4) 555 Portland, ME: “Portland has been recognized for its foodie street cred in the past, so to stand out in this town says something extraordinary. Make an evening of it with a tasting menu, or just dive right in to the truffled lobster mac & cheese- you'll feel homey and gourmand at the same time. The extensive wine list is expertly paired to bring out the best in your meal from sweet to cheesy to savory. For a perfect date night, pair it with a show at Portland Stage Company, a short walk away.”
5) Arnold’s, Nashville TN: "Classic Southern lunch- meat and 3 sides. Right near Music Row and with carefully guarded recipes (Seriously! Don’t ask!), the mac and cheese is TO DIE FOR. With lots of other favorites like catfish and dumplings, it’s the perfect meal in Music City!"
6) Tom’s T Bone, Kemah TX: "Featured on “Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives” for a reason! But let’s get right to the special- they are famous for their “Fried Armadillo Eggs”, which aren’t eggs at all. Poblano peppers stuffed with BBQ brisket then battered, deep fried, and served with ranch dressing- trust me, it’s as delicious as it sounds!”
7) Gramercy Tavern, NYC NY: "Just one? I'm going with Gramercy Tavern in NYC. We did the tasting menu once for my birthday and it's still one of the best meals I've ever had. Not to miss - the "Fresh Bacon," which is braised and seared pork belly. I actually recommend the version on the tavern menu with the spaetzle, but you can't go wrong there."