As Team Ovation gets ready to celebrate some Thanksgiving traditions in a week, we imagine how the Dowager Countess of Grantham might handle some communication pitfalls.
We're waiting with baited breath for the return of Downton Abbey in 46 days (but who's counting, right?). As Thanksgiving looms on the horizon, laden with all of those potential pitfalls, be they food, etiquette, or communication related, we take comfort in imagining how the Dowager Countess of Grantham might respond. While we wish Dame Maggie Smith herself could join us for dinner, we'll keep these clips in mind should any *ahem* issues arise:
1. "Before we eat, a brief reading. Chapter One: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."
2. "I'm trying something new with the turkey! I boiled it."
3. "Wow, that thing is still FRO-ZEN! No one minds waiting a few more hours, right?"
4. "Let's go around and say what we're thankful for! I'm thankful that I only have to see you people twice a year, know what I'm saying?"
5. "I don't want to bring up politics, but can you BELIEVE..."
6. "Have I told you all about my gall bladder surgery? NO!? Well, first you have to understand how the gall bladder looked at the time..."
7. The constant beeping of your nephew's incoming text messages, or- heaven forbid!- someone answering a cell phone at the table.